The conference is jointly organized by the European Association for Asian Art and Archaeology (EAAA) and the Section of East Asian Art History (KGOA) at the University of Zurich.
The University of Zurich is the only institution of higher learning in Switzerland where the subject of East Asian art history can be studied as a full program. Museum research constitutes an important part of the department’s activities and its broader aim is to promote the discipline of East Asian art history, both within Switzerland and within Europe. The KGOA is proud to host the conference as a founding member of the EAAA.
The purposes of the conference are to:
* open dialogues between scholars of Asian art and archaeology and to offer a platform for the presentation and discussion of recent research
* highlight the significance of Asian art and archaeology research
* focus research on the many collections of Asian art in European collections and institutions;
* revise historical approaches that have been prevalent in the study and research of Asian art and archaeology
* elaborate existing art theories and methodology
* form new research approaches and methods in Asian art and archaeology
Scholars of Asian art and archaeology from Europe and beyond are invited to submit their proposals for contributions on art and archaeology of China, Japan, Korea, South and Central Asia, as well as on art theory, methodology and museum research of these areas. Presenters are either established scholars (working at museums, universities, institutes or active as independent scholars) or junior scholars (holding MA or PhD degrees).
For details on submissions, please consult the EAAA homepage: http://www.ea-aaa.eu/events/events
For more information on the EAAA and its conference, visit the EAAA website: http://www.ea-aaa.eu
At a later date, suggestions for accommodations in Zurich and other information will be posted on the website.
For questions related to the conference, please contact Anna Hagdorn at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions related to the EAAA, please contact Nataša Vampelj Suhadolnik at: email@example.com
For any other question, contact conference host and chair: Hans Bjarne Thomsen, University of Zurich
Hans Bjarne Thomsen (KGOA, University of Zurich & EAAA)
Nataša Vampelj Suhadolnik (EAAA)
Anna Hagdorn (KGOA, University of Zurich)
Hans Bjarne Thomsen
University of Zurich
Conference of European Association for Asian Art and Archaeology
(August, 24–27, 2017, University of Zurich, Switzerland)